Whether you’re planning a destination wedding, or something close to home that feels like an island paradise, Tropical Weddings are lush with opportunities for creative, colorful decor. We’ll anchor this reception design in our 100% cotton, hand printed Tropical Garden table linens: runners, table cloths and napkins. These bright floral linens are the perfect backdrop for vibrant table settings, exceptional cakes, and of course – wonderful tropical flower arrangements.
Authentic, exotic and colorful, Tropical Garden table linens will light up your reception. These are not run-of-the-mill “event polyester” (ick!) Rather, hand printed, fair trade 100% cotton table linens will absolutely set your reception apart. Round tablecloths can be used at guest tables, and long rectangular tablecloths are perfect for the bridal party table. Runners add pops of color to dessert and gift tables.
Note the Tropical Garden border colors: bright pink, canary yellow, grass green… these are a perfect tie-in to all sorts of warm, succulent decor. You’re bound to have fun dreaming up ideas for up your tropical themed wedding (think the pink and salmon parasols above!), and your guests will feel like they’ve taken a mini-vacation!
Place settings at a tropical wedding should be both bold and natural, as shown in the first image below.
- A natural fiber charger, such as a set in rattan from World Market, white plates, colorful napkins and floral accents are festive, glamorous and casual.
- For something unique and truly tropical, use real leaves for coasters at your reception. Ask a florist for small banana leaves, or, if you have willing friends with hostas, their leaves will work well too.
- Even the smaller elements of your table, like favor boxes and escort cards, can work into your theme. Again, just think natural fibers/ vibrant accents. I love these little woven boxes. The flower is an exotic touch, but simple ribbons would work just as well.
The highlights of a tropical wedding reception have to be the lavish, fiery flowers. No conservative rose bouquets here! Instead, palm fronds, birds of paradise, hibiscus and ginger blaze in a glory of color and texture from each table. Thick and lush, tall and formal, or low and elegant – these arrangements will transport your guests through scent and sight, and set the perfect mood at your party.
And now, the cakes. The vibrant, verdant, delicious cakes! (Can you tell I’m getting excited? :)) Each of these are amazing, and have slightly different palettes to coordinate with your wedding’s primary color scheme. Because I love decorating with natural elements, I claim the lovely citrus tower as my personal favorite. Isn’t it fun? Cheers to Maisie Fantaisie for the bright, bold vision! Which do you like best?
Now, if you’re gathering ideas for tropical reception food, I’ve got a few delish dishes for you.
- First of all, how about serving paletas? Fany Gerson’s book “Paletas” is the go-to source for gourmet, grown-up popsicle recipes. (I am biased – I can’t get enough of these cold, fruity treats and have been making them all summer!)
- A cold and savory shrimp ceviche will be light, spicy and flavorful – a good ceviche could end up being the most talked about thing at your wedding (aside from the beautiful bride, of course. :))
- Nothing says tropical more than mango and coconut. A verrine is a somewhat complicated dessert to produce, but if you’re having a smaller wedding, it will be a true stunner.
- Finally, decorative and yummy zucchini rolls… The julienned zucchini can be filled with almost anything – in this case, Hawaiian goat cheese and roasted red pepper. Super good!
This is the border detail of our Tropical Garden tablecloth. If you are considering this print for your wedding, why don’t you order a swatch first? You’ll get an accurate idea of the colors, and will be able to feel the quality of the cotton as well. Our swatches are generously sized and very affordable.
Putting it All Together…
I have to say, I really love this look. I’m happily married, but I may have to throw a big tropical party just to be able to use these ideas!
We’ve got a wonderful series of ideas for unique wedding decor, so if you haven’t quite made up your mind yet – check it out!