You’d be hard-pressed to look out your window this season and not see trees with leaves decked out in hues of brown, gold and green, which makes Memories of Shalimar so right for this time of the year! Pine cones spray painted gold, fallen oak leaves, dried branches in glass canisters… Oh, the decorating possibilities are endless!
Memories of Shalimar is intrinsically elegant, serene and earthy. Restful and soothing, the play of colors works best with Zen accessories that speak of tranquility and calm. Channel all the elements of nature – stones, water, flowers – and bring out the best in this print.
1. Memories of Shalimar Green Tablecloth. With its rich gold and meadow green colors, this tablecloth will be quite the backdrop for your feast! Highlight any of the exotic colors, and watch them sparkle at your celebration!
2. Memories of Shalimar Dinner Napkins. For more serene beauty, the best choice is naturally the coordinating napkins. Consider wrapping these gilded beauties in brushed gold napkin rings for extra shine.
3. Pacific Blue Dinner Napkins. Tease out the rhythms and deep indigo of Memories of Shalimar with our gorgeous resist dyed Pacific Blue dinner napkins.
4. Waltz of the Vines Dinner Napkins. I love the gentle contrast that Waltz of the Vines napkins brings to the print. In a sort of reversal of colors, coffee brown and green are patterned on a bed of soft yellow.
Accessorize your Memories of Shalimar tablecloth with items that emanate peace: no jarring colors or textures here, just hues that soothe the soul.
1.Waltz of the Vines (c) Curtains. Our complementary range of patterns offers you more choices than ever. This complementary print from Waltz of the Vines gives you the option of picking another print, and yet staying well within the realm of colors of Memories of Shalimar.
2.Carbon Trap Shino Teapot, The Splintered Path. Every single piece made in this studio is singular: gorgeous crossroads of form and function. Choose a teapot as an heirloom piece that will warm and serve your family for years to come.
3. Mercury Votives, Pottery Barn. Create a sense of global allure at your celebration with a few of these subtle, sparkling votives strewn along the center of the table.
The gardens of Shalimar which inspired this print are steeped in exoticism and allure. Highlight this aspect of the print by pairing the tablecloth with accessories that echo the same exotic feel. Lanterns, sconces, silver tea sets, rose petals – use these liberally and weave some magic.
1. Memories of Shalimar Tablecloth. Round tables are great for a large crowd and if you are lucky to have one, then this tablecloth is so right. It is available in two sizes, so make sure you have the right size in order to provide for adequate drop length.
2. Starry Nights Dinner Napkins. Bring a heavenly touch to your table by pairing Memories of Shalimar with Starry Nights napkins. The deep blue of starry nights will add an interesting contrast to the meadow green.
3. For the Love of Chocolate Dinner Napkins. The little bits of chocolate brown in Memories of Shalimar will find company in the deep luscious chocolate of this print. Together they are stunning.
4. Vanilla Glacé Dinner Napkins. Vanilla Glacé’s gold flecks mirror the gold outline of the print, adding even more glamour and a rich feel to the table.
Use accessories that emphasize the exotic and the out-of-the-ordinary: items that speak of ancient cultures and far away travel, that will transport your guests to another land. Serve your favorite traditional dishes, but experiment with global cuisine too – and surprise your guests.
1. Memories of Shalimar Valance. Want to use more of the print but hesitant to use full-length curtains? Then do consider the valance option. Trimmed with sparkling glass beadwork, these valances will complement your table linens and shine to your space.
2. Motif 4-Light Chandelier, Overstock. This is certainly the ultimate accessory for an exotic holiday atmosphere. Yes, it’s a splurge, but the good news is that this classic style will last you through many holidays, and will always look good with your Saffron Marigold.
3.Brass Link Tealights, West Elm. One can always count on West Elm to have fancifully styled, globally inspired decor. These glamorous votives are intricate enough that you’ll want to take a closer look, but the soft white means that they’ll play well in many decor roundups.
Bohemian decor is passionate, original and inventive, colors can be various and they do not have to match. It is bold and striking, and represents a number of cultural influences of differing regions from around the world. Use Memories of Shalimar table linens to bring out the Boho in you.
1. Memories of Shalimar Table Runner. If you would rather leave your table uncovered, think about using a runner down the middle. This pretty piece of fabric will do so much to add a festive touch to your meal. Runners are versatile and can also be used to dress up a sideboard – a pretty backdrop for your desserts maybe?
2. Spice Route Dinner Napkins. Go for it, and create the bohemian holiday table of your dreams… you can’t go wrong with bold red chevrons and mossy green and gold.
3. Canary Midnight Napkins, Attiser. Pick up on the deep blues in Memories of Shalimar, but keep that bohemian layering going strong by adding a navy and cream paisley print to the table.
4. Pool of Tranquility Dinner Napkins. Since much of Bohemian design involved bringing together many disparate elements, we have no qualms about adding a completely new color scheme to our celebration. The lotus design of this napkin connects to the eastern flair of our main linens, and the rich, earthy colors make for a wonderfully rounded palette.
In keeping with the theme, use accessories that are big, bold and confident. Here are some ideas to embrace your free spirit and create a welcoming ambiance full of life and love.
1. Gilded Chocolate Throw Pillow. A perfect accessory from our Dreams of India collection, Gilded Chocolate’s deep brown adds depth and interest when paired with Memories of Shalimar linens. Euro shams make great floor seating, and encourage lingering…so be prepared. Your guests may never leave. 😉
2. Indigo Organic Glazed Plates, World Market. Not sure if we can do much better than these chunky, deep indigo ceramic plates at our table. I looooove these! Not do they read hand touched, and sturdy, but they magically create a nexus of elegant and rustic with our Memories of Shalimar linens.
3. Gold Stem Wine Glass, Crate & Barrel.Unique, classic decor from Crate & Barrel. Fill each wine glass with your favorite, and you’ll find this gilded set gorgeous and glowing along with Memories of Shalimar.