A tool to help you create a unique, global Thanksgiving table.
-Linens, Tableware, Centerpieces and Recipes-
1. Detail, Ivy Lace Tablecloth. Everyone has a white tablecloth, but why use something that is just a necessary evil when you could enhance and highlight everything in the room? All Saffron Marigold tablecloths are 100% cotton (no polyester here!), and made with the highest quality materials and practices. This kind of quality underscores your whole design, without calling undue attention to itself.
2. Melange Collection in Kiwi, Soule Studio. One way to work with whites and neutrals is to use them as a backdrop for extravagant color. In this Mix and Match, I want to reflect the tablecloth, using quiet pieces, remarkable for their quality and design. The pale green on these plates and platters is exquisite and versatile, just like the Ivy Lace.
3. White Candles and Autumn Harvest, Better Homes and Gardens. (image #12) Natural, simple and handmade – the Thanksgiving table will shine when you use these principles in your decor. This wonderful collection of white candles and autumn bounty are eye catching, yet understated. If anyone creates a natural centerpiece inspired by this idea, I’d love to see your pictures!
4. Dried Fruit and Nut Crostata, Epicurious. I made this the other day for a friend’s birthday, and you can believe that I’ll be making it again soon! The figs, dates, apricots and pistachios call to mind the holidays, but the simplicity of the recipe makes it an option for many occasions. (photo courtesy of foodallergymama.com)
WIN A THANKSGIVING SURPRISE!
- How would you use Ivy Lace table linens this Thanksgiving?
- What settings and centerpieces would you use to create a unique table?
Make a suggestion in our comments area, and automatically enter our weekly raffle. For a second chance to win, share this post and contest on Facebook! Each winner will get a surprise gift in time for Thanksgiving.
The weekly winner is announced every Friday on our main Thanksgiving Series post.