A tool to help you create a unique, global Thanksgiving table.
-Linens, Tableware, Centerpieces and Recipes-
1. Detail of Tropical Garden Tablecloth. How’s this for a festive (and versatile) Thanksgiving tablecloth! While abundant flora usually brings spring to mind, by pulling out the richer oranges, ochres and greens in this print, you can easily play up a vision of autumn bounty. This cloth, along with all Saffron Marigold textiles, is 100% cotton, hand printed, and fair-traded.
2. Bowls, Earthborn Pottery. While you’re at it – exploring the vibrancy of fall, that is – why not add to the fun with these beautifully glazed , organically shaped stoneware bowls. If you’re interested in one of a kind – and I think many Saffron Marigold customers are – then these may be just what you’re looking for.
3. Floral Centerpiece, Peppertree Floral and Events. Our flora-scape wouldn’t be complete without a lovely natural centerpiece. You can re-create this one by combining varieties of dark red tulips, bi-colored orange and yellow roses, yellow freesia and Ilex berries. Set these beauties off in a vase, a well loved watering can, or even a hollowed out pumpkin. By the way, these flowers, or similar counterparts can be found at most local florists.
4. Sweet Potato Pie, Real Simple. I have a friend who makes the best sweet potato pie. She uses a recipe on a well worn card, handed down from her Southern grandma. This recipe from Real Simple highlights the same citrus notes that my friend’s pie does, and looks – well – easy as pie to put together!
WIN A THANKSGIVING SURPRISE!
- How would you use Tropical Garden table linens this Thanksgiving?
- What settings and centerpieces would you use to create a unique table?
Make a suggestion in our comments area, and automatically enter our weekly raffle. “Share” this post on Facebook for another chance to win! Each winner will get a surprise gift in time for Thanksgiving!
The weekly winner is announced every Friday on our main Thanksgiving Series post.