We once again bring to you our annual Thanksgiving Mix and Match series:
A tool to help you create a unique, global Thanksgiving table.
- Linens, Tableware, Centerpieces and Recipes -
1. Kilim Noir napkins – An exotic take on your traditional Thanksgiving linens. Here is something a little different – a bold, Turkish kilim inspired print in dramatic shades of gold, black and deep orange! Paired with some festive gold chargers and wine glasses with sparkling champagne, it will light up the room.
2. Terracotta cazuelas, La Tienda.com – These traditional cazuelas or terracotta dishes, bring a little bit of Spain right into your homes. They are perfect to serve tapas such as olives, almonds, caper berries or a hearty Fall soup, like a pumpkin or squash. The deep red glaze blends beautifully with the red of the print, and the earthy rustic finish complements the glamorous print.
3. Easy Fall centerpiece, Blissique Blog – Here is an easy idea for a stunning centerpiece. Purchase small grapevine rings to use as a base, or make your own by bending a piece of coat hanger into a circle. Next, wire on small stems of berries, leaves, and flowers using thin wire wound tightly around the base. Use fresh flowers that work with your color theme for a one-time-use decoration. Or find pretty silk blooms for a longer-lasting design.
4. Imam Bayildi, Turkishmeal.blogspot - Imam Bayildi literally translates to “The Imam fainted” and this is one of the most reknowned dishes of Turkey. I can tell you from experience that it is an absolute gastronomic masterpiece. Roasted eggplants are stuffed with onions, tomatoes, parsley and dill, and served warm with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with some couscous and kebabs and you have a meal fit for a Caliph! Make sure to follow the recipe and read the story of why the Imam fainted.
WIN A THANKSGIVING SURPRISE!
- How would you use Kilim Noir table linens this Thanksgiving?
- What settings and centerpieces would you use to create a unique table?
Make a suggestion in our comments area, and automatically enter our weekly raffle. “Share” on Facebook for another chance to win! Each winner will get a surprise gift in time for Thanksgiving.
The weekly winner is announced every Friday on our main Thanksgiving Series post.