Our Moroccan Spice Route print could just not be more perfect for the holidays. The rich, bold hues bring to mind visions of colorful, swirling leaves, and alternately, fragrant heaps of spices mounded at the market. A sensory print to be sure, take it all in this season! We know that our customers are far from “one size fits all”. So along with our unique, handcrafted table linens, we’d like to share ideas for creating three distinct looks: Spice Route in Bohemian, Handmade and Moroccan.
All of your friends will be dying to know your secrets – “Where on earth do you find such fabulously unique table linens”? Since you’re easy going, free-spirited and generous, you’ll probably tell them that your linens are hand printed in India, and designed with love by Saffron Marigold. Once your Spice Route tablecloth is glowing on the table, add any of these coordinating cotton dinner napkins for a look that’s as interesting as you and your crowd.
1. Spice Route Tablecloth. This handprinted piece has a rich variety of tones, from burgundy to ochre, brighter reds and robin’s egg blues. There’s lots of room to play with this!
2. Spice Route Dinner Napkins. For napkins that are perfectly coordinated, but dazzlingly different, choose our Spice Route dinner napkins. A tribal chevron pattern catches your eye and moves into a wonderfully detailed deep blue and copper border.
3. Register Placemats, CB2. Of course, we love color, but texture – oooh, love that too! CB2’s unique chargers will add to layers of line and pattern, while still allowing all the hues of Spice Route to shine through.
4. Tropical Garden Dinner Napkins. These pretty little flowers, along side the bold geometric pattern of the tablecloth, make for beautiful layering of color and design.
Oh, and have I mentioned we have fabulous ideas for accessorizing your holiday table? From exotic window treatments to eclectic tableware, natural centerpieces and global recipes. Try a few of these ideas, and your Bohemian style dinner is sure to be warm, welcoming and wonderful.
1. Kilim Noir Beaded Valance. For a quick, global update of your space, hang a beaded valance atop an existing curtain, or even above a doorway for true boho style! The bold, gold motifs will connect with the warmth of Spice Route, and the exotic design will resonate, even from across the room.
2. Blue Crackle Dinner Plates, by Leslie Freeman Designs, Etsy. Any turquoise tableware like these lovely slab rolled plates will highlight the jewel tones in the Spice Route print. They create a great contrast to the rich reds in the primary part of the tablecloth design.
3. Molded Copper Candle Holders, Viva Terra. These wonderful, simple and natural elements are a perfect tribute to the season we are celebrating. Line the table with coppery, flickering lights for a festive, exotic ambiance.
Of course, we at Saffron Marigold love the beauty of hand made, hand touched works. This is, after all, why we are preserving the ancient art of Indian block printing! Let’s get our Handmade holiday started by choosing from three lovely hand printed linen napkins. Any of which will be a lovely accompaniment to your Spice Route table runner or tablecloth!
1. Spice Route Table Runner. If you have a lovely table that you just can’t bear to cover up, consider using a table runner! All of our prints are designed in-house by Anisha Ghosh, and carefully block printed by artisans in Rajasthan, India.
2. Indian Summer Dinner Napkin. These pretty napkins will shine next to your Spice Route runner. Together, the natural colors of fall will be celebrated at your table.
3. Fringed Linen Napkins, Urban Flax. Rustic, earthy and vintage looking, these handmade napkins will add a layer of easy texture to your Spice Route table.
4. Red Poppy Dinner Napkins. A cousin of our Indian Summer napkin, hand printed Red Poppy offers a mellow ground and a bright border. These would be fun to mix and match!
Winter holidays just lend themselves to natural, organic and handmade design. The ideas of working hard to create a wonderful dinner for friends, and of celebrating bounty with loved ones are ones that speak to the heart. If you love unique wears that are made with love, you’ll love the handmade Spice Route accessories we’ve chosen for you.
1. Spice Route Curtain (complimentary). We are offering complimentary prints, and this one is a showstopper! The bold, tribal chevron will define your space and create a look that exotic and distinctive.
2.Pedra Artisan Dinnerware, Crate & Barrel. This lovely, hand stamped set is heirloom quality and the variety of color and pattern makes it an extremely versatile, functional set.
3. Wooden Candle Tray, Himalayan Trading Post. I think you’ll love everything about these simple, rustic and handmade candle trays. Not only are they gorgeous, but the fragrances – including Evergreen, Patchouli Ginger and Grapefruit Pine – are amazing!
Spice Route is one of our quintessential Moroccan prints. The print and colors tell the story of bustling markets, fragrant spices, and vibrantly clothed shoppers. Use our round Spice Route Moroccan tablecloth in your home, and you’ll transport “far, far away” right to your own space. Your guests will love to tell tales of their “travels” to your home for the holidays.
1. Spice Route Round Tablecloth. Use this far eastern tablecloth when family and friends are gathered round a large round table, or drape it over an extra table when you’re serving food buffet style and want an exotic serving space.
2. Ocean Breezes Dinner Napkins. These Moroccan-styled beauties will pick up on the lapiz blues in Spice Route and tease them out nicely. Choose these napkins if you want to accent in blues and chocolates.
3. Ruby Kilim Dinner Napkins. A geometric kilim pattern will fit in nicely with the Moroccan vibe and warm palette of our tablecloth.
4. Kilim Noir Dinner Napkins. Not afraid of color and pattern? Layer it on by using another authentic Moroccan print napkin, Kilim Noir. Create a bright and lively environment that your guests will fit right into.
Moroccan accessories and food are savory, rich, exotic and fun! Use bright colors that are rooted in earth tones, geometric patterns and a bit of gilt. This year, let guests know that you’re making a bit of a departure from traditional holiday fare, and intersperse some unusual Moroccan offerings along with family favorites.
1. Spice Route Cafe Curtain. Did you know we offer cafe curtains? We do! If you have an open floor plan, you might like to tie into your Spice Route dining room by hanging a kitchen curtain in your cooking space.
2. Ceramic Water Pitcher, Treasures of Morocco. I love this piece. The color alone has me sold. Use it with your Spice Route tablecloth and you’ll have created a stunning look for your home.
3. Faceted Terrarium, World Market. I imagine this terrarium filled with fruit, or nuts, or with a single pillar candle flickering inside. It’s unique and versatile. Perfect!