When planning you Thanksgiving table decor, look to the colorful, swirling leaves outside your window for a sense of inspiration. The rich, bold hues of our Moroccan Spice Route capture the colors of the season and bring to mind the warm, fragrant spices found at the Thanksgiving dessert table!
We know that our customers are far from “one size fits all,” so we’d like to share a few different ideas on how to create three distinct holiday tablescapes using Spice Route: Bohemian, Handmade, and Moroccan.
Bohemian Spice Route
All of your friends will be dying to know your secrets: “Where on earth do you find such fabulously unique table linens”? Since you’re easy-going, free-spirited, and generous, you’ll probably tell them that your linens are hand printed in India and designed with love by Saffron Marigold. Once your Spice Route tablecloth is glowing on the table, add any of these coordinating cotton dinner napkins for a look that’s as interesting as you and your crowd.
1. Spice Route Tablecloth: This handprinted piece has a rich variety of tones, from burgundy and ochre to brighter reds and robin’s egg blues. There’s lots of room to play with this!
2. Spice Route Dinner Napkins: For napkins that are perfectly coordinated, choose our Spice Route dinner napkins. A tribal chevron pattern catches the eye and moves into a wonderfully detailed blue and copper border.
3. Register Placemats, CB2: Of course, we love color, but we love texture, too! CB2’s unique chargers will add to layers of line and pattern while still allowing all the hues of Spice Route to shine through.
4. Tropical Garden Dinner Napkins: When placed alongside the bold geometric pattern of Spice Route, these pretty flowers make for a beautiful table setting.
From exotic window treatments to eclectic tableware and natural these tips will ensure that your boho chic holiday dining table is sure to be warm, welcoming, and wonderful.
For a quick and easy seasonal update, hang a beaded valance atop an existing curtain (or even above a doorway for true boho style)! The bold, gold motifs will connect with the warmth of Spice Route and the exotic design will resonate, even from across the room.
Turquoise tableware highlights the jewel tones in the Spice Route print. They create a great contrast to the rich reds in the tablecloth design.
Line the table with coppery, flickering lights for a festive, exotic ambiance.
For a boho chic holiday table, combine organic texture, seasonal beauty, and harvest style into your thanksgiving centerpieces.
Handmade Spice Route
Of course, we love the beauty of handmade items; after all, we are preserving the ancient art of Indian block printing! Let’s get our Handmade holiday started by choosing from three lovely hand blocked linen napkins, any of which will be a lovely accompaniment to your Thanksgiving table decor!
1. Spice Route Table Runner: If you have a lovely table that you just can’t bear to cover up, consider using a table runner! All of our prints are designed in-house by Anisha Ghosh, and carefully block printed by artisans in Rajasthan, India.
2. Indian Summer Dinner Napkin: These pretty napkins will shine next to your Spice Route runner. Together, the natural colors of fall will be celebrated at your table.
3.Vanilla Glace Dinner Napkin: These white and gold cotton dinner napkins will add a layer of easy texture to your Spice Route table.
4. Red Poppy Dinner Napkins. A cousin of our Indian Summer napkin, hand printed Red Poppy offers a mellow ground and a bright border. These would be fun to mix and match!
Winter holidays just lend themselves to natural, organic design. The ideas of working hard to create a wonderful dinner for friends and of celebrating bounty with loved ones are ideas that speak to the heart. If you love unique wears that are made with love, you’ll love the handmade Spice Route accessories we’ve chosen for you.
We are offering complimentary prints, and this one is a showstopper! The bold, tribal chevron will create a look that exotic and distinctive.
Crate and Barrel
This lovely, hand stamped set is heirloom quality, and the variety of color and pattern makes it an extremely versatile, functional set.
Himalayan Trading Post
These simple, rustic candle trays add a charming handmade touch to your Thanksgiving table décor.
When using candles in your thanksgiving table decor, be sure to include these faux orange and red berries mix with burlap leaves–easy holiday decor in an instant!
Moroccan Spice Route
Spice Route is one of our quintessential Moroccan prints. The print and colors tell the story of bustling markets, fragrant spices, and vibrant shoppers. Use our round Spice Route Moroccan tablecloth in your home, and you’ll transport “far, far away” right to your own space. Your guests will love to tell tales of their “travels” to your home for the holidays.
1. Spice Route Round Tablecloth: Use this far eastern tablecloth when family and friends are gathered round a large round table, or drape it over an extra table when you’re serving food buffet style and want an exotic serving space.
2. Mosaique Bleue Dinner Napkins: These Moroccan-styled beauties will pick up on the lapiz blues in Spice Route and tease them out nicely. Choose these napkins if you want to accent in blues and chocolate tones in your Thanksgiving table decor.
3. Ruby Kilim Dinner Napkins: A geometric kilim pattern will fit in nicely with the Moroccan vibe and warm palette of our tablecloth.
4.Fete Royale Dinner Napkins: Not afraid to mix colors and patterns? Layer it on by using our lively holiday print, Fete Royale, which helps to create a bright and joyous holiday table setting for your guests.
Moroccan accessories and food are savory, rich, exotic, and fun! Use bright colors that are rooted in earth tones, geometric patterns and a bit of gilt. This year, let guests know that you’re making a bit of a departure from traditional holiday fare, and intersperse some unusual Moroccan offerings along with family favorites into your Thanksgiving table decor (or other holiday tables!).
Did you know we offer cafe curtains? If you have an open floor plan, you might like to tie into your Spice Route dining room by hanging a kitchen curtain in your cooking space.
Use this colorful piece of pottery with your Spice Route tablecloth to create a stunning Moroccan table for your home.
Fill with fruit, nuts, or a single pillar candle flickering inside for an easy seasonal centerpiece.
The botanical motif nods to the season; the gold paint adds warmth and shine, and it all works together in a beautiful vase. Fill with blooms (faux or real) in seasonal shades for your Thanksgiving table decor.