Is your favorite movie Julie and Julia? Do you daydream about holidays in the South of France? Would you love to present an elegant holiday dinner that’s enjoyed with the slow cadence of a French meal? We’d love to help you begin your special gathering with our gorgeous, versatile, French tablecloths – particularly, Morning Dew. Here you’ll find three ways to style this beauty. Take a look! We know you’ll find one you love: Morning Dew in Bohemian, Global and Classic.
French and Bohemian style go together so well! Vintage, handmade and colorfully eclectic, you can shop your home for this look, browse an antique market or choose artisan made linens from Saffron Marigold! For the boho look, pull out an accent color from Morning Dew and highlight it with bold dinner napkins.
1. Morning Dew Tablecloth. A perennial favorite for Saffron Marigold customers, our Morning Dew print is a perfect blend of French elegance and exotic travel. The mellow ground and dramatic diadems are the perfect ground for a unique assortment of bohemian table toppers.
2. Starry Nights Dinner Napkins. I love this bold batiked napkin along with Morning Dew. The indigo dye vibrates with Morning Dew’s border, while still providing a pop of contrast to the creamy yellow ground.
3. Fete Cotton Napkins, Crate & Barrel. Morning Dew has lovely citron highlights throughout, and dyed tangerine napkins are just the thing to make them sparkle.
4. Linen Hemstitch Napkins, Pottery Barn. For a color-centered, yet toned down look, choose muted blue hemstitch napkins. These lend themselves to that place where boho and shabby chic join hands.
Have I mentioned we have fabulous ideas for accessorizing your Thanksgiving or Christmas table? From exotic window treatments to eclectic tableware, natural centerpieces and global recipes. Try a few of these ideas, and your Bohemian style dinner is sure to be warm, welcoming and wonderful.
1. Morning Dew Curtain. Hang this dreamy curtain at an adjacent window to your dining room, or across a doorway and create a space that is warmly unique.
2. Eclectique Dinner Plates, Williams and Sonoma. While you could pull this look off with a few trips to a local flea market, Williams and Sonoma give you a mismatched look with the assurance that the dishes aren’t “pre-chipped”.
3. Faux Japanese Lantern Branch, Terrain. Delicate paper flowers can be an artsy addition to traditional centerpieces, and of course, can be used year after year!
This year, layer a look that speaks of interesting journeys to far away places. Atop your Morning Dew linen, each dinner napkin can create an entirely new look. You’re set to travel for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while sharing the comforts of your own welcoming home.
1. Morning Dew Tablecloth. We find that holiday entertaining often requires additional seating, and round tables seem to fit well into tight spaces. Whether you already use a round table, or want to bring in an extra for the cousins to sit at, top them with Morning Dew linens for a look that’s classic and non-traditional all at once. (While this photo is of a side table – certainly not enough room for the cousins! – it gives a good look at how our gorgeous round Morning Dew, available in 70 and 90 inches, flows from the table.)
2. Dance O Peacock Dinner Napkin. Tease out the turquoise in Morning Dew by accessorizing with our own Dance O Peacock dinner napkins. The gorgeous pattern in combination with Morning Dew looks a lot like linens that might have come from an antique trunk found in Tangier.
3. Hand Woven Dinner Napkins, Giraffe. Hand made by Ethiopian artisans, these gorgeous ribbed napkins will add texture and interest to your already unique global table.
4. Yellow Linen Napkins, The Fair Line. Perfect for the day after the big meal, bright fair trade napkins will instantly cheer and bring new life to all those leftovers.
How fun to accessorize a French Moroccan inspired table! Choose from traditional French Provencal ware, and add in a bit of gilded exotic. Serve dishes that are global twists on classic holiday goodies.
1. Morning Dew Beaded Valance. Have a window with a gorgeous view? Just skim the top of it with our sparkly beaded valance. You’ll love the way light catches tiny glass beads and shines extra brightly in your holiday dining room.
2. Souleo Provence Pottery, Houzz. This pitcher is so simple and perfectly French, that it could easily become a family favorite in the next generation! The natural cobalt color makes it work across the seasons.
3. Heritage Fleur de Lis Candleholders, Iron Accents. Make a very unique French connection with gorgeous wood and iron hurricanes. Ooh la la!
Time honored traditional pieces have their place at the holiday table, and will take a lovely spot alongside our classic Morning Dew as well. Create a look that’s in no way fussy, but that brings together timeless elements in understated elegance.
1. Morning Dew Table Runner. No matter what you have going on underneath – rustic pickled whitewash, high polished cherry, a dark blue linen tablecloth – our Morning Dew table runner will elevate your style without calling undue attention to itself. Beautifully versatile, a table runner is an entertainer’s best friend!
2. Morning Dew Napkins. I confess, I have a crush on these napkins. The pattern, color and unique styling make me want to find a reason to use these again and again!
3. Helena Indigo Napkin, Crate and Barrel. If you like soothing, neutral accessories, choose an unbleached linen napkin like this one from Crate and Barrel.
4. Light Yellow Linen Napkins, Natural Home Treasures. Pale yellow napkins will not likely be your pick for your most formal event (choose the Morning Dew napkins for that) but these are a wonderful, timeless addition for brunch the day after the big meal!
Choose accessories with quiet depth – these pieces should not call out for attention, but their quality and classic nature will guarantee that they get it anyhow. Complement your dinner with foods that deserve their timeless reputations, and you’ll have a holiday dinner that is truly memorable.
1. Morning Dew (c) Throw Pillow. If you’re in love with Morning Dew, consider a throw pillow cover in the complementary pattern. You’ll connect the dining room to other spaces in a way that is subtle, yet effective.
2. Strata Dinnerware, Anthropologie. Gorgeous plates, bowls and cups brushed in bright blue will sit pretty on your table this holiday, and for many years to come.
3. Chicken Wire Votives, Country Porch. Lanterns like this play with the line between rustic and elegant very nicely. Pick up one or two, and detail your home without a trip to France. (Although, if you can take such a trip, I recommend it!)