Here is a sample of the questions I use when I interview family members about Mom for Mother’s Day. (We use the same idea for Father’s Day too, by the way.) I print out each person’s answers on nice paper and present the “interview” as a gift after we read it.
1. What do you think Mom does all day long?
2. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom on the weekends?
3. How you think that you and Mom are alike? How are you different?
4. What is the most important thing that Mom has taught you?
5. If you are feeling down, what is that Mom does to make you feel better?
6. Use three words to describe Mom.
7. If you could choose to be like Mom in any way, what would you choose?
8. What is your favorite meal that Mom makes?
9. What is one phrase that Mom says all the time?
10. What do you think Mom’s hopes are for you?