We celebrated Labor Day at the lake this weekend. That tradition always creates the perfect moment of saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall. Today, our fall bath ideas attempt to create another perfect moment – the place where summer merges into autumn, the memories of the shore greet the crunching of leaves, and the outdoors come in to grace your home.
Our hand printed cotton Waltz of the Vines shower curtain is a perfect transition piece. The sunny yellows will keep summer in mind, while also nodding to the golden hues of fall. Accented with robin’s egg blue and a bronze-beige, the muted palette is beachy, soothing, and will inspire wonderful bath decor.
Tie in to the accent colors of your Waltz of the Vines shower curtain with rich, luxurious bath linens. You could mix and match, or use a single tone. If you have neutral walls, I’d choose either the Maize or Mineral bath towel sets. If your walls are colorful, a nice neutral (Bamboo) will be most pleasing. All of these cotton bath towels are available at Bed, Bath & Beyond – one stop shopping!
Bathrooms are highly functional and usually small spaces. They require a good amount of storage, and that storage has to work hard, and add to the overall sense of the room. The storage ideas I’m highlighting today are coastal in their sensibility and of a muted palette – just like our Waltz of the Vines inspiration.
Sea grass baskets, like these from Pottery Barn are perfect for storing lotions and potions or extra washcloths and towels. Stash them in a cupboard or in plain sight! A bit of DIY creativity ( + chicken wire and paint) repurposes an old cabinet into abundant bathroom storage. For unique, nautical towel racks, check out this sweet and simple set up of cleats, rope, and sailor’s knots… love that!
I think bathrooms are fun to accessorize. Maybe the smaller scale makes it simpler to identify and round out a design theme… Anyhow, here are some ideas for fall bath accessories in your coastal bath!
- A blue and yellow marbleized trinket/ soap dish from Anthropologie connects to the colors in Waltz of the Vines with out being matchy-matchy.
- Sea Shell shower curtain hooks from Amazon are 1) a complete steal at under $20.00!! and 2) a perfect tie-in to the theme and natural feel of our bath.
- Add some art to your bath with a gorgeous original photo print from Leaping Gazelle. I love “Three Urchins”, but there are many more coastal images availabe in her Etsy shop.
Finally, top off your fall bath accents with delicious sensories – aromatic notes that soothe, and natural body works that pamper.
- Burt’s Bees (my favorite!) Mango & Orange Sugar Scrub is fresh, sweet and spicy. Citrus notes are lovely in summer and fall, and this scent will see you through both.
- I love the burlap texture of Pottery Barn’s Harvest Pillars. These will connect to your sea grass baskets, nautical rope accessories and the rich warm gold tones in Waltz of the Vines.
- Nest has a wonderful variety of aromatic products, and this sea-styled diffuser set will add simple beauty and sensuality to your beach bath.
Putting it All Together
Do any of you have a beach bath? Or dream of one? Hope you’ve gotten inspired by our look. Don’t forget, if you’re interested in our Waltz of the Vines shower curtain, you can order a large swatch - perfect for matching with paint colors and accessories.
Find more fall decorating inspiration in our complete Fall Decor Series!